Uksakka

13 maaliskuuta

I have been planning to make a little pattern of Uksakka, the Lapp goddess who is believed to live under the door and who protects the ones that are going in and out. Here it is finally. :) Uksakka guarding the doorway.

Block printing is so much fun! I can't think of anything that I would not like about it. I love designing the illustrations, carving them and printing them on fabric... perfect way to spend alone time (Yes, I'm a bit of a geeky person) !

Illustration of Uksakka.


Exciting part: does the illustration actually work when printed on fabric! Yes, success!


Here's the result. It takes a lot of time to do, but I don't think production sufficiency is the main point here, for me block printing is about having good time! If you feel at all interested in block printing, I recommend you to try it. :)

You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia

Instagram @littleuksakka