Birthplace of my inspiration

09 helmikuuta


I started drawing a picture that I came across in this Facebook group called Wanha Raahe. People share old photos of Raahe and there's some real diamonds in there. Making this little picture has been really relaxing for me, it's so much harder to trace little beautiful nyances of life and create something completely new out of them, than to just simply copy!

Raahe is my birthplace and I lived there for 18 years. It's not a popular place, actually it's been voted to be the worst town in Finland. It's quiet and there is not much anything in there... but still there's something in that place. In Raahe, there is some kind of echo from the past that you can feel, if you pay attention. It's beautiful and melancholic and I always notice i'm trying to interpret that echo in my drawings. No matter if I'm drawing a cat, or a flower or a person, I always choose the subject and the form, where I can feel that same echo, that I feel in my birthplace.

Now I'm starting to have some serious thinky pain out of these thoughts, so here's a song for you, where I sense that echo what I'm talking about, and I apologize my rambling thoughts, I find it quite hard to turn my thoughts into words. That's why I usually draw and not write. :D






You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia

Instagram @littleuksakka